Do This Before the Water Restoration LA Team Arrives
Water has entered your home. Your kitchen, living room, and basement are all flooded. While most of the damage has already been done, there are many steps you can take to prevent your water damage from turning into a disastrous large loss.
Of course, the first step to take is contacting SERVPRO of Park la Brea, as they can guide you on tips and tricks to ensure insurance coverage for your water damage loss. However, until help arrives, consider these tips.
Before The Water Restoration Team from SERVPRO Arrives:
- If at all possible, stop the water damage at its source. There are a few key places to check in your home for potential water damage.
- Remove loose items from floors.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture to avoid any damage.
- Remove colored rugs and other items that may stain floor coverings.
- Take out wet upholstery and cushions.
- Pin up any draperies or furniture skirts to keep them as dry as possible and to prevent staining.
- Position plastic blocks or aluminum foil between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on and open windows for maximum drying in summer.
- Move art and other decors to a dry place.
Most importantly, make sure that you and your family are safe and out of harm's way. If any of these tasks put you or your family at risk of being harmed, don't do it! While these steps may help alleviate some of the damage, it is always better to let the professionals handle it. The SERVPRO of Park la Brea expert water restoration team and Insurance Claims Professional team in Los Angeles is always here to help.